[dns-operations] blocking recursers

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Thu Mar 23 22:29:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 07:50 -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> my issue is in the opposite direction.  without such an rfc, if
> >> i take preemptive action against an orn, the orn operator would
> >> seem to have a legitimate claim to have done nothing wrong.
> > [IANAL] You can put this in your terms of service.  Ie.:
> >   3.2.1 nameserver services will not be provided to ORN.
> > + definition of ORN
> > And then you don't have to have RFC describing same.
>
> where are these terms of service for us ops who run dns servers?
>
> the closest we come is the rfcs.  hence my suggestion that the
> rfc path needs to be pursued.

I am not aware of any.  I was simply trying to point out, that there
_could_ be some, which would give at least some legal framework, but
that may wary from TLD to TLD and country to country.

Ondrej.
P.S.: Please don't Cc: me, I am subscribed to list.
--
 Ondřej Surý
 technický ředitel/Chief Technical Officer