[dns-operations] "it's like having a pizza delivered to a friend's house as a prank."

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Mar 22 22:41:25 UTC 2006

Paul Vixie wrote:
> # So what's so different about the Net that we shouldn't do something
> # similar?
>
> the internet has always been self-governing entity independent of any national
> government other than for funding.  this will be a sea change, the end of a
> very interesting childhood.  a sad day for us all.

and if it is ok for a/the government to tell ISP's they must vet every
source address of IP datagrams sourced from their network, how much
larger a step in the mind of a/the government is it to require them to
check the content of every packet sourced from their network for
something considered "bad?"

rick jones
just because I grew-up in DC doesn't mean I'm paranoid :)