[dns-operations] DNS Amplification Attacks

RLVaughn Randy_Vaughn at baylor.edu
Mon Mar 20 22:59:29 UTC 2006

Paul Vixie wrote:
> this topic has heated back up on nanog.  for those not subscribed there:
>

>> That is why in the paper we cover events that happened to ISP's rather
>> than just theoretical case studies.
>
> in the paper i reviewed, the practical case studies were useful.

Most often I regret breaking my self-imposed 1 post per demi-week limit,
but, if this is the paper I am thinking about, the "current-final" version can
be found via
<http://isotf.org/news/DNS-Amplification-Attacks.pdf>

The case studies have been moved to an addendum starting on page 7.
I fervently hope the paper avoids the FUD factor and directs
pilgrims who seek enlightenment towards dealing with this
sticky-wicket of a problem to this forum.

Randy