[dns-operations] Best Practices in DNS security

Geo. geoincidents at nls.net
Sun Mar 19 16:19:00 UTC 2006

> Why? A certain level of clue is required to run an ISP: buy and sell
> bandwidth, configure routers, manange address space, bill customers,
> etc, etc. Configuring name servers is one of those core skills.

Do you guys remember what we went thru to shut down open mail relays? It was
a nightmare, whack-a-mole for years. With this dns issue there are options
we didn't have with relay. The core issue is not recursive servers, it's
spoofed udp packets. Why don't we fix the problem instead of treating just
one symptom of the problem?

Geo.