[dns-operations] Best Practices in DNS security

gilles.massen at restena.lu gilles.massen at restena.lu
Fri Mar 17 08:25:54 UTC 2006

Could you please give an example for this?

Basically I'm trying very hard to find how bad running authoritative and
recursive service on the same nameserver actually is. In our case
splitting them is on the todo list, but I'm unable to get a feeling for
the urgency....and what the real problems are (that won't be fixed in
another release of bind :) ).

Gilles

--
RESTENA - DNS-LU
6, rue Coudenhove-Kalergi

[...]

also note that if you run authority and recursion in the same server image
(answering on the same ip address), there are a few cases where the server
cannot follow the RFC's when generating answers, and is basically
guessing.

[...]