[dns-operations] DNS deluge for x.p.ctrc.cc

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Mar 3 23:01:48 UTC 2006

# > ..., you sound as though you know the answer to my oft-repeated question
# > but you didn't actually answer it so i'll ask again.  while we work and
# > wait for universal BCP38 deployment, should root and TLD operators choose
# > to be available to all parties, or available during attacks?  (there's no
# > third choice.)
#
# I am nowhere smart enough to have what the answer _is_ for you, but have a
# good idea what the answer _isn't_.

it ain't like that, though.  you have to choose one of the things i said,
because one of them is what's going to happen.  no third thing can happen,
it will be exactly one of those two things.

as i told someone else recently, i want a third choice.  i'd like universal
BCP38.  world peace.  debugging for human nature.  doesn't matter though;
we'll get the first choice i offered, or the second one.