[dns-operations] DNS deluge for x.p.ctrc.cc

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Mar 3 18:59:12 UTC 2006

# > again, plz see the archives.
#
# I did read through past traffic before jumping in- are you referring to the
# various rate-limiting schemes that were mentioned? If so, I'm pretty sure
# that rate-limiting, or even keeping the state required to try, is probably a
# pretty bad idea.

i was thinking of the part where i observed that the amount of EDNS0-sized
data available is fairly small at the moment and is not likely, in the next
few years, to reach beyond the point where rate-limiting by IP would work,
whereas the size of the open-recursive population has already grown beyond
that point.  i was also thinking of where i said there would be no FUSSP.