[dns-operations] EDNS0

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Thu Mar 2 01:50:18 UTC 2006

Hey, Bill.

] 	rate limits work for in&out...

I have a 1Gbps link.  I have rate limited ingress UDP 53 to 10Mbps
on that link.  8Gbps of ingress UDP 53 hits my link.  How does my
rate limit help?

This is the classic problem of rate limits - they have a limited
scope.  I can rate limit all I want, but that doesn't impose any
limits one hop away (and beyond) from where I enact them.

Then again, I'm all ears and eyes for an idea that would make rate
limits in the face of any surfeit of packets work.  It sure would
make life easier for us all!  Ideas?

Thanks,
Rob.
--