[dns-operations] EDNS0

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Mar 1 05:39:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Mark Andrews wrote:

> 	As DNSSEC is deployed finding a 3+k authoritative response
> 	will be about as easy as finding a 500 byte response is
> 	today.  You will be able to do the attack w/o needing the
> 	recursive servers.

That doesn't make me feel whole lot better ... (in fact this confirms
my worst fears about how easy it is to abuse simple UDP query/response
protocols like DNS)

So obvious next question is what does internet operational and/or
engineering folks plan to do so as to prevent amplification attack
abuse of DNSSEC servers when these do get deployed?

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net