[dns-operations] af.mil DNS issue

Geo. geoincidents at nls.net
Fri Jun 30 14:05:12 UTC 2006

Folks,

I don't know if anyone here can help with this or not.

The domain af.mil is running dns with no A records for their DNS servers,
see http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=af.mil

This causes a problem for some dns servers that have cache poisoning
features enabled because they won't resolve the domain this way.

I've had contact with a couple of the techs from af.mil and their convinced
that the problem isn't their DNS but that they have "blocked" us.

Is there anyone on this list who knows dns and has a contact over at af.mil
who might be able to explain the problem to them or if I'm wrong about this
explain to me why the domain doesn't resolve with cache poisoning protection
enabled?

Geo.