[dns-operations] What is the most pressing need for DNS these days?

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Wed Jun 28 10:04:26 UTC 2006

On 28 jun 2006, at 08.07, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> I actually think you are asking two questions. From an operational
> POV I would say that DNSSEC is the most important part. From an
> overall view, I would say that IDN is the most important part. Note
> that DNS is a lot more than operations theses days. For good and bad.

...and the third part is (still) operation, availability of tools
that make the interaction between parent and child easier, which in
turn will increase the number of correctly delegated domains.

Regarding DNAME and IDN; DNAME will not "solve" "the IDN
problem" (whatever that is). It might be the case that availability
of some kind of "alias" in the DNS tree will be an important tool for
some piece of the IDN problem, and DNAME might be that alias-tool.
But, largest part of "the IDN problem" today is political.

    Patrik