[dns-operations] Queries to a.root-servers.net from port 3072 ?

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Wed Jun 7 02:18:56 UTC 2006

I'm seeing quite a lot of queries for "a.root-servers.net IN A" in the
logs of my caching servers. They seem to be coming from home customers
with each customer sending one every 30 seconds or so with a source port
of 3072.

They all add up to a couple of percent of all queries. I am guessing it is
probably some sort of spyware but I was wondering if anyone knows offhand?

PS: Thanks to those who organised the workshop and presentations, I've
been working my way though the pdfs and plenty of interesting stuff there.

--
Simon J. Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.