[dns-operations] Contegix DNS caching?

Michael Christian mchristi at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 6 11:28:19 UTC 2006

Greetings from FIFA World Cup, Berlin.

Anyone know anything about Contegix caching DNS replies forever?  We're
using Akamai Firstpoint for DNS-based service failover and one of our
partners is not picking up the changes due to what seems like permanent
caching on their LDNS resolver (nscache2.contegix.com).

I'm trying to figure out the best way to help out our partner so they
can properly provide World Cup feeds.  I've sent mail to
domain-manager at contegix.com, but was just wondering if this is a known
issue, and whether I'm going to have any luck resolving it, or whether I
need to move to more drastic non-DNS based measures.

-Mike Christian
Yahoo! Inc.