[dns-operations] Handling broken domains...

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Tue Jul 18 01:58:06 UTC 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:

>> How is this handled elsewhere in other resolver implementations?
>>
>> I'm trying to decide how to best fix it.
>
> RDNS implementors/operators who work around this kind of breakage are
> keeping the right thing from happening.  my advice is: "let it burn."

This is, for now, what we've decided to do.

The problems of this sort of gluelessness, particularly, expiring
glue, can be gracefully dealt with in a rationale and sensible way.
There are two ways I can think of right now that are not annoying and
which do not cause us to "decide what is best" in dealing with this
situation but they are ugly.

That said, for now, we aren't fixing it in code, but likely in
education. :-/

-david