[dns-operations] Too Open (Was: OpenDNS makes your Internet work better

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Fri Jul 14 13:36:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 22:12 -0700, brett watson wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2006, at 9:28 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
> > This situation can be easily prevented by having more than 6 clusters
> > and not advertising all 6 /24 via BGP in all clusters at the same
> > time.
>
> all of the ultra /24s are *not* advertised from all nodes. and there
> are more than 6 "clusters", as you call them.

Then I see no problem with this setup.  And I don't see any problem with
all-anycast setup.

BTW I don't see this behaviour any more here atm, now I also see 2 /24.
It could be easily my mistake yesterday (it was too late).

Anyway personally I would combine more than 2x /24 in set of nameservers
just to even more minimise risk.  But if it cannot happen that all
ultra /24s are advertised from one node, than I don't see any problem
with this setup at all.

Ondrej.
--
 Ondřej Surý
 technický ředitel/Chief Technical Officer