[dns-operations] Too Open (Was: OpenDNS makes your Internet work better

Eric E Eskam eeskam at usgs.gov
Fri Jul 14 11:38:14 UTC 2006

Paul Vixie <paul at vix.com> wrote on 07/14/2006 01:54:18 AM:

> > i have enjoyed this list up until today but, i am now finding this
thread
> > tiering.  would it be too much trouble for those that with to continue
it to
> > take the conversation private.
>
> that's funny.  (i hope you meant it to be.)  this is entirely on-topic,
and
> i was just thinking, in the seconds before reading the above text, that
it
> was wonderful that there is finally a place on the net where this thread
is
> not off-topic (like it was on nanog, namedroppers, bind-users, and
everywhere
> else it has arisen over the years.)

Indeed - while I may only ever be a lurker, I have learned quite a bit
from this thread and the discussion back and forth.

Not saying I understand all of it :) but at least it gives me some
operational arguments and contexts as I am learning.

Eric Eskam
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
position of the U.S. Government
"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange
protein; it rejects it."
-  P. B. Medawar