[dns-operations] What is the most pressing need for DNS these days?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Jul 10 23:30:29 UTC 2006

Rick,

On Jul 10, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Rick Wesson wrote:
> dude, as the IANA manager can't you stand up and gen the key?

As IANA manager?  Get real.  People scream their heads off when ICANN
goes to the bathroom without 30 day public comment periods, extensive
documentation and policy position papers, and settling at least two
lawsuits bitching about how somebody's business will be completely
destroyed by the use of quiet flush toilets and you think I'm going
to put myself or IANA in front of that lawsuit Howitzer?

More seriously, no.  This is not something that I as IANA manager can
do.

> Posting the public part of the KSK [on a t-shirt] would go a long
> way -- thats in your job description, right?

Actually, no.  Not until somebody tells me to do it.

Rgds,
-drc