[dns-operations] What is the most pressing need for DNS these days?

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Mon Jul 10 18:38:27 UTC 2006

John S. Quarterman wrote:
>> I would, if I could keep my registrar. I've even got some experience.
>
> I don't see anything in the rules that says you can't be a registrar
> (although one never knows for sure with ICANN rules).

true. I could probably do it.

> What experience are you referring to?

4 years in the GNSO
    CTO/Co-Chair Registrars Constituency
    Budget Committe (03 and 04)
    2yr with Security and Stability Committee
    VGRS negoation for Registry/Registrar SLA
    WLS/CLS/SiteFinder

Run Alice's Registry (a registrar) since '99
    the only DNSSEC enabled registrar function

IETF Participation
    o FOIAed RRP from DoC in '98
    o EPP, CRISP, Whois

Sued twice over SiteFinder by VGRS

gotten hammered at numerous ICANN meetings on someone else's dime.

-rick