[dns-operations] Shameless plug for our Zonecheck software (Was: af.mil DNS issue

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 3 20:19:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 03:44:51PM -0400,
 John Payne <john at sackheads.org> wrote
 a message of 20 lines which said:

> "accept large replies" is irrelevant to an authorative-only server

Yes, I meant "able to send large replies", sorry.

> As an authorative-only server, if I _KNOW_ I will never send large
> replies to a query, why do I have to support TCP or EDNS0?

Do you mean that *all* the sysadmins who manage no-TCP nameservers
performed a analysis of the data they send? And decided then can
safely ignore TCP?

Specially since, in many cases, they are pure hosters and they serve
zones managed (and populated) by clients?