[dns-operations] Shameless plug for our Zonecheck software (Was: af.mil DNS issue

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 3 19:28:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 01:46:53PM -0400,
 John Payne <john at sackheads.org> wrote
 a message of 24 lines which said:

> And this is aimed at zonecheck, I have issues with a _DNS_ checker
> running open relay tests...

I can explain why AFNIC tests it but I want to repeat first that it is
a configuration option, noone is forced to use it.

We do because, at a time, it was a big problem and Zonecheck (version
1 at this time) helped a lot to close many open mail servers. Now, it
is less useful but the Zonecheck tests are part of our registration
rules and it is not easy to modify registration rules.