[dns-operations] any interest in a DNS operations BOF at NANOG in Toronto?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sat Dec 2 10:32:37 UTC 2006

[Warning, we deviate from DNS operations.]

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 10:49:55AM +0100,
 Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap at open.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote
 a message of 9 lines which said:

> You might want to refer to the education efforts by ISOC geared
> towards these and the mailing lists associated with these.

Unfortunately, while there are many good technical things in ISOC's
education efforts, (and devoted people) there is also apparently more
and more ICANN propaganda. For instance, the press release for the
nomination of Karen Rose
(http://www.isoc.org/isoc/media/releases/060926-2pr.shtml) said
"assisting policy makers in understanding the technical underpinnings
of contemporary Internet issues" which is a bit scary, it's like the
IMF explaining economics to the developing countries' governments...

As long as ISOC sees itself as in charge of ICANN press relations
(http://www.isoc.org/isoc/media/releases/060929pr.shtml is a nice
brejnevian example: "The workers at the Red Star Factory congratulates
the CP for its successful congress"), I'll have trouble recommending
ISOC trainings.

[BTW, ccnog seems a dead list currently.]