[dns-operations] RIPE-52 preso on DNS issues, author comments on Slashdot.

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Apr 27 05:46:35 UTC 2006

On 27 apr 2006, at 01.24, Roy Arends wrote:

> To add some sugar to this, the presentation went on to show that 17
> percent of the tested servers had 'known' vulnerabilities, which then
> related to 45 % if the names being triviable hijackable, though no
> accurate methodology was given.

They also sort of fingerpointed and claimed "edu" sites where more
vulnerable than "professionally run DNS servers" (not in edu).

I thought it was sad something that could be interesting turned into
something like it did.

    Patrik -- also at the RIPE meeting, and like Roy tried to get
some things clarified at the microphone