[Collisions] "controlled interruption" - 127/8 versus RFC1918 space

Jeff Schmidt jschmidt at jasadvisors.com
Fri Jan 10 01:51:36 UTC 2014

Hia, Warren:

I just responded to this issue over at DI but in a nutshell we don't want
to "cause" traffic to leave the host/LAN/enterprise.  We don't know what
it will contain, and it might contain sensitive/protected data, which
makes this much more complicating.  Using 127/8 or 1918 space eliminates
that can o' worms and is the more conservative approach in this dimension
we believe.

Jeff