[Collisions] Does 2011 have i-root?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Oct 4 16:01:20 UTC 2013

On 4 Oct 2013, at 16:51, Kevin White <kwhite at jasadvisors.com> wrote:

> Anyone know?
> /mnt/oarc-pool4/DITL-20110412/RAW/i-root
>
> Exists, and is full of data.

I think that answers your question Kevin. :-)

> However, the page does contain this:
>
> "The I-root data from Autonomica has anonymized source IP addresses due to
> privacy regulations within the country of that data's origin."

Autonomica/Netnod hash the source addreses in their pcaps. Apart from that, the traffic data for I will be complete for each DITL exercise they participated in. Well as far as I know... I don't know when they started contributing to DITL -- probably an early adopter -- or began obfuscating the source IP addresses.

I can ask the guys in Sweden if you need definitive answers about that.

BTW, Dyn used the same hash algorithm to obfuscate the source addressses in the pcaps they contributed this year. Those were for their authoritative servers.