DHL.com failures

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Wed Oct 4 13:10:13 UTC 2023

Maybe someone from DHL can come to the courtesy phone?

Our TXT queries are failing because their EDNS implementation is faulty.

(from dnsviz.net <http://dnsviz.net/>)

dhl.com/TXT: No response was received from the server over UDP (tried 7 times) until the NSID EDNS option was removed (however, this server appeared to respond legitimately to other queries with the NSID EDNS option present).

We have disabled DNS cookies when querying their authoritative servers but, well, I’d rather enable them again.

Cheers,

Borja Marcos.