[dns-operations] [DNSSEC] Venezuela ccTLD broken

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Jul 20 17:07:46 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Jul 20, 2023, at 7:29 AM, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:
> Finally, for the RSAC (yes not the right forum to formally lodge the
> question), should the root zone DS TTL still be 1 day?  Would a change
> to one hour be acceptable (aligning with it with the practice of many
> TLDs and aiding in more time recovery from mistakes)?

Haven’t thought about the implications enough to comment on the idea, however instead of RSSAC, this sounds to me like a question for RZERC to (eventually) weigh in on. In the Byzantine world of ICANN, it would need to be brought to RZERC by "any of [RZERC’s] members, PTI staff, or by the Customer Standing Committee (CSC)”, many of which are on this mailing list.

Regards,
-drc