[dns-operations] [Ext] DNS Flag Day 2020 will become effective on 2020-10-01

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Fri Sep 11 14:44:16 UTC 2020

On Sep 11, 2020, at 12:38 AM, Petr Špaček <petr.spacek at nic.cz> wrote:
> My non-native-speaker reading suggests it is in both cases refering to "consensus between the vendors". Let's not get distracted.

The DNS Flag Day web site makes it seem like "we" should be authoritative operators, resolver operators, and vendors, in that order. PaulV (and many of the rest of us here on this list) fall into the first two categories, and only the first two categories, and thus might not feel like part of the "we" in Ondřej's message.

If this is really just a vendor-driven flag day, please be clearer about that on the web page. Those who will be hurt by the edge case failures that this flag day causes will the authoritative and resolver operators, not the vendors.

--Paul Hoffman