[dns-operations] Can Root DNS server modify the response?

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Tue Mar 26 07:46:59 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 15:57 Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> wrote:

> Matt, there’s no difference between NXDOMAIN and SERVFAIL from the client
> perspective.

Except that, as has been pointed out, we're Not talking about the
perspective of a single client getting a failure. If a riot operator went
rogue DNSSEC would make that very obvious.

That said.. I do still hold out hope that eventually we’ll have richer
signalling between a validating stub and applications, and that this will
also cover the single client context.