[dns-operations] Preparing resolver operators for the rollover

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Wed Oct 4 08:36:48 UTC 2017

Dear Paul,
good time of the day,

Thank you for the links. Just followed instructions in first two
sections of the first link, "Checking..." and "BIND". They were mostly
clear and produced expected results, but I'd add add two extra
clarifications:

* In section "Checking...", I'd reword a sentence after "dig" command
along the following lines: "In that command, replace the string ADDRESS
with the IPv4 or IPv6 address of each resolver server you operate, one
at a time." Although the current wording is technically unambiguous, one
is tempted to forget his 'resolver' comprises multiple servers.

* In section "BIND" I'd add that "directory that BIND's other files are
created [in]" is probably specified in the "directory" statement of the
"options" section.

(Tested stock bind versions of Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04, correspondingly
9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu and 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.16-Ubuntu, connected to Google DNS
servers. Neither needed anchors update.)

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili