[dns-operations] 答复: L-Root IPv6 Address renumbering

Terry Manderson terry.manderson at icann.org
Mon Mar 14 01:57:48 UTC 2016

On 11/03/2016, 4:23 PM, "Davey Song(宋林健)" <ljsong at biigroup.cn> wrote:

>Sorry but I have more question.
>
>If there is still non-trivial volume of traffic to L root after 6 month,
>what should L-root operator do?

The L-root operator (ICANN) will stop serving from the old IPv6 address.
It's well past time we stopped treating resolver operators like children.

>Is there any way to tell how much (percentage ) onetime resolvers change
>to new address ?

I'm not clear on what you are asking.  What is a "onetime" resolver?

A resolver that only uses L-root once? something else? (and given the way
DNS operates a real resolver could still only use L-root once as it finds
a better RTT to another root server operator.

>Is there any evidence or experience to tell the traffic is generated by
>real resolver or scanning/monitoring system.

That depends what people are monitoring for, and how.

Cheers
Terry