[dns-operations] is www.qq.com a zone?

yhpeng at orange.fr yhpeng at orange.fr
Fri Jul 1 23:16:42 UTC 2016

This company (QQ inc) always does what they think, ignore technology
standards.

For example, once their MX records were CNAMEs.
And even now, their official MX for email hosting are not good.

$ idig ads8.com mx
ads8.com.               575     IN      MX      5 mxbiz1.qq.com.
ads8.com.               575     IN      MX      10 mxbiz2.qq.com.

$ idig mxbiz1.qq.com
mxbiz1.qq.com.          254     IN      A       183.57.48.34
mxbiz1.qq.com.          254     IN      A       183.60.15.245

$ idig mxbiz2.qq.com
mxbiz2.qq.com.          918     IN      A       183.60.15.245
mxbiz2.qq.com.          918     IN      A       183.57.48.34

mxbiz1 and mxbiz2 are exactly the same, which breaks RFCs IMO.

Thanks.