[dns-operations] resolvers considered harmful

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Oct 23 18:00:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Oct 23, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:
> until you have done this and have results to report, you'd be wise not
> to make any claims about this possibility.

I've done so, on an off over the years (including mirroring the root zone), and found that it mostly just works. In the past, T-Mobile Hotspots and (currently) many hotels/Internet cafes can be problematic and that can definitely impact the people who read this mailing list due to our relatively high mobility, however for the vast majority of Internet users who aren't as mobile, I'm fairly certain local resolvers will just work.

However, with that said, I would agree that it would be an interesting area of study.

Regards,
-drc