[dns-operations] Go Daddy is down

Paul Hoffman phoffman at proper.com
Mon Sep 10 20:49:35 UTC 2012

On Sep 10, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote:

> Note that I'm not especially suggesting that continuing the avalanche with all that information included would be a good thing on this list (I'm not really a fan of avalanches) but if you're going to send information to others, presumably to help them troubleshoot, detail is handy.

I believe that this avalanche *is* helpful specifically because Fox News in the US is saying that the outage is due to a DoS attack based on a quote from a security vendor whom I don't trust. Differentiating between "offline" and "bad records" and "looks like DoS" is actually quite useful.

--Paul Hoffman