[dns-operations] Advisory ? D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Dec 26 17:03:25 UTC 2012

Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote on 12/21/2012 07:18:41 PM:

> On 12/21/2012 06:50 AM, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> > Also, we have many sites that need to point to our internal name
servers
> > for RFC1918 addresses.  At some of them, they do this by mucking up
the
> > hints instead of using server level forwarding.
>
> Um, yeah ... don't do that. It's bad on so many levels. Use this
> upcoming change as an excuse to push the proper solution.

In a perfect world that would be no problem.  Unfortunately, those that
made this change think it's a good thing.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.