[dns-operations] reverse DNS for DHCPV6 and PD's

Erik Klavon erik at ack.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 10 19:40:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 03:24:28PM -0400, Bob Paolucci wrote:
> For those out there doing IPV6, curious how you are handling reverse DNS
> for DHCPV6 and Prefix delegations :)

We're not using DHCPv6 yet, due to a lack of support of address
assignment via DHCPv6 on Apple devices (our user population a
significant vendor). We use stateless auto config with no DNS
(forward or reverse) for ephemeral IPv6 clients. So far we're not
aware of this creating any problems for users. We don't have plans at
present for prefix delegation to end users.

Erik