[dns-operations] here's a domain scam i havn't seen before

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Thu Apr 8 23:17:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 04:49:21PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> be warned.
>
> re:
>
> > From: "David Chang"<david.chang at ds-network.org>
> > To: "paul"<paul at vix.com>, "vixie"<vixie at vix.com>
> > Subject: Confirmation of Internet Registration
> > Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:14:34 +0800
> >
> > (This is very urgent, Please forward this to your CEO.)
> >
> > Dear CEO,
> >
> > We are the department of Asian Domain registration service in china, have
> > something to confirm with you. We formally received an application on

Help my clearly enfeebled brain.  Is the scam obvious in the posting?
Or when you reply that this is NOT authorized, do they then try to sell
you the listed domains, somehow bilking you of something in the process?

All I see is a request to reply with a "yes" or "no".

I have not bothered to check whether ds-network.org is an authorized
registrar.

--
**