[dns-operations] Delegation checking (was: Re: Some DNSSEC trivia)

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Jan 10 07:10:42 UTC 2008

On 10 jan 2008, at 01.26, Mark Andrews wrote:

> 	* returning a NS RRset that matches what is in the delegation

I do not think that is true. The returned NS RRset might include more
records than the RRset in the parent zone.

And I know not everyone agree that is ok.

So I have problems with finding agreements already on the first bullet.

The only thing people might agree on is:

- Every NS that is listed in the parent zone should return an
authoritative answer on a SOA query for the zone itself.

As one example on why it is hard to get agreement on what to test
even...

    Patrik