[dns-operations] FAQ - Where is our pointer of all the root/TLD addresses to build prefix and dampening filters?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Feb 27 14:21:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:52:44PM -0800,
 Barry Greene (bgreene) <bgreene at cisco.com> wrote
 a message of 29 lines which said:

> Do we have any updated list, links, pages that have all the address
> space we never want to dampen and/or filter?

I'm quite skeptical. Such lists require a lot of manual work and still
tend to rot with time and to be always incomplete or out-of-date.

> This is the best reference I've got:
>
> !   http://www.qorbit.net/documents/golden-networks

A very strange one. It has the name servers for ".museum", ".aero" or
".pro" that none uses but not the name servers for ".jp", ".de" or
".uk"!