[Collisions] Relocation of DITL 2013 data

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Feb 17 12:07:58 UTC 2014

On 17 Feb 2014, at 12:00, Carsten Schiefner <dotberlin.cs at schiefner.de> wrote:

> Furthermore and just to keep being on the safe side: could you please also confirm that all the DITL dirs underneath /mnt/oarc-pool3/collisions/by-tld stay where they are?

Here's a better idea.

Create a directory on each of the compute servers, say /DITL. Put symlinks there for each year pointing at whereever the data sets are actually stored/mounted. That way, nobody other than William needs to know or care about how the actual storage is organised today or how it might get reorganised tomorrow.
ie If I want to get to the 2013 data, I just cd to /DITL/2013.